Yes, the premiere is finally upon us!
Some preliminary thoughts:
* Tigh is a pirate! Tigh is a pirate! He has the beard, the eyepatch, and the peg leg! Well, okay, he doesn't technically have a peg leg, but he has a peg...cane.
* And it's Four Months Later. I get why they did that (starting in the middle is easier than starting in the beginning), but it's getting kind of tiring.
* Dude, why are they putting Apollo in a fat suit? Seriously, he looks like...well, like he's in a fat suit. I get that four months passed, but couldn't you just pad his belly, not his fraking chin as well? Seriously.
* I love that they're making Baltar bad, but not too bad. Like he wouldn't sign the execution order until they put a freaking gun to his head and even then HeadSix had to persuade him.
* Leoben is freaking crazy. I love how Kara just calming killed him (for the FIFTH time!) and then went back to eating her steak. But I'm a bit surprised they would pull out the baby card right now and I was disappointed when Kara took Leoben's hand at the end. For all she knows, Casey could just be a robot programmed to hurt herself to gain sympathy.
* Boomer! Okay, Galactica Boomer being reinstated was so cool. Cause Adama trusts her! And she married Helo! Okay, well, that's not a surprise because EVERYBODY is marrying EVERYBODY (hello Mr. and Mrs. Apollo-Dualla! Hello Mr. and Mrs. Starbuck-Anders! Hello Mr. and Mrs. Tyrol-Cally! WHAT IS WITH ALL THE MARRIAGE?). But I love how she was the one sent down to be a liaison, which is exactly what CapBoomer wants as well.
* That scene at the end where the Centurions show up and start firing...man. They're not going to kill Roslin, because...well, they can't, can they?
Man, I can't wait for the next episode.
Pirate!Tigh! That's what I was thinking! I like him so much more now. I think it's cos his crotchety old bastard crap works so much better as a Leader of the Resistance than as the XO.
"I was disappointed when Kara took Leoben's hand at the end."
I think she's playing him again. I hope she is, other wise I am disappointed too.
"WHAT IS WITH ALL THE MARRIAGE?"
I think it's cos they are trying to repopulate the universe with humans, and they are being traditional about it.
"That scene at the end where the Centurions show up and start firing...man. They're not going to kill Roslin, because...well, they can't, can they?"
I know, I got a little hysterical at that point. They were just firing at Cally though wern't they? I might have been too hytserical to see it properly.